Your time is valuable. Let CATIC/VATC make those unprofitable title update trips to the town clerks’ offices for you. We’ll recover relevant information and send you a complete title update and/or mortgage discharge.
After closing, CATIC/VATC sends an experienced title searcher to the land records to obtain final recording information and conduct a title update. We’ll send you an e-mail report of our findings and disclose to you the existence of any documents filed during the “gap” period.
Ordering is easy! Submit your request via TOPS. Once the completed updated has been received, mail a copy of the confirmation email with the fee to our Rocky Hill office.
If you have not used TOPS, please contact Katie for information on how to submit a request, thank you.
- Make one visit to the land records per transaction approximately 45 days post-closing
- Complete a title update from the Commitment date (your search date) to the recording date of the closing documents
- Confirm proper execution and recording of pertinent documents
CATIC/VATC will communicate the results of its search via e-mail to your office. We will provide all final recording information and/or any discovered title issues which may need further attention. If a Corrective Affidavit is needed to correct a reported problem, several different forms may be located here.
- Update only: The cost of the CATIC/VATC update service is $40 per update. If the property is located in two towns, the fee is $40 per town. These fees are normally assessed to the borrower at closing.
- Update & One Mortgage Discharge: $65.00*
- Update & Two Mortgage Discharges: $90.00*
- Add $25.00 for each additional discharge to be tracked*
* If you are using the discharge tracking service, an authorization letter MUST be completed by the seller/borrower (if a refinance) prior to or ate closing AND included with your post-closing update request. This is in addition to a copy of the payoff statement. Without these two documents up-front, this service cannot be utilized. Click here for the authorization letter.