- Land Records recording fee: $15.00 per page
- PTTR filing fee: $15.00 per return
- Mylar recording fee: $25.00 per mylar
- Land Record examination fee: $4.00 per hour
- Return postage can no longer be demanded by clerk
- Town Clerk required to index recording within 3 days of endorsement
Act 20 (S.154 Sec. 108) Current Use Liens – July 1, 2019
Effective 7/1, the recording of an application for enrollment in the Current Use program in the land records no longer results in a lien against the enrolled land. Instead, a recorded application is deemed to be a “contingent lien”. An actual lien is created only if the State subsequently files a “Notice of Development” in the land records. This statutory change is retroactive and applies to all recorded applications.
Upon belief, lenders will no longer require subordination from the State.
Act 71 (H.541 Sec. 16) – January 1, 2020
Sale of land held for less than six years is NOT subject to land gains tax, regardless of acreage, so long as seller DID NOT SUBDIVIDE the property. Under these circumstances, it is not necessary to file a LG return. (32 V.S.A. §10002)